Many people "know" about GM food, but they have not really "experienced" the bad and sickening effects of it, which has been proven scientifically, "It doesn't seem to hurt me, so why bother with it", they say, so they take all this GM information for granted, until of course they get cancer, etc. only then they will really know, by that time it is too late as the damage has already been done.
Knowing that GM food is bad for you and still eating it, is similar to
Knowing smoking is bad for you and still smoking, and is similar to
knowing Alcohol is bad for you and still drinking.
Similar to alcohol and cigarettes, research has proven that Genetically Modified (GM) Food can kill you & cause Cancer and in addition cause sterility, miscarriages, allergies and damages Liver and Kidneys.
Knowing something is one thing, but applying this knowledge into real life is a whole other story. Knowledge not applied to real life is not real knowledge.
Here are the numerous reasons to avoid GMO Foods:
Can't get pregnant? This may be the problem: Genetically Modified Soy Linked to Sterility, Infant Mortality http://www.responsibletechnology.org/article-gmo-soy-linked-to-sterility
FDA scientists had repeatedly warned that GM foods can create unpredictable, hard-to-detect side effects, including allergies, toxins, new diseases, and nutritional problems. They urged long-term safety studies, but were ignored.
Since then, findings include:
- Thousands of sheep, buffalo, and goats in India died after grazing on Bt cotton plants
- Mice eating GM corn for the long term had fewer, and smaller, babies
- More than half the babies of mother rats fed GM soy died within three weeks, and were smaller
- Testicle cells of mice and rats on a GM soy change significantly
- By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies
- Rodents fed GM corn and soy showed immune system responses and signs of toxicity
- Cooked GM soy contains as much as 7-times the amount of a known soy allergen
- Soy allergies skyrocketed by 50% in the UK, soon after GM soy was introduced
- The stomach lining of rats fed GM potatoes showed excessive cell growth, a condition that may lead to cancer.
- Studies showed organ lesions, altered liver and pancreas cells, changed enzyme levels, et
GM Food Damages Liver and Kidneys
Excerpts from most recent article above:
"GM crops, including some that are already in our food and animal feed supply, have shown clear signs of toxicity in animal feeding trials – notably disturbances in liver and kidney function and immune responses."
"Roundup, the herbicide that over 50% of all GM crops are engineered to tolerate, is not safe or benign as has been claimed but has been found to cause malformations (birth defects), reproductive problems, DNA damage, and cancer in test animals. Human epidemiological studies have found an association between Roundup exposure and miscarriage, birth defects, neurological development problems, DNA damage, and certain types of cancer."
Jeffrey Smith's GMO update, July 2012 - covers latest research, GMO labeling and more
You CAN avoid GMOs, if you know what to look for.
First of all, remember there are eight genetically modified food crops:
- Cottonseed (used in vegetable cooking oils)
- Canola (canola oil)
- Sugar from sugar beets
- Hawaiian papaya
- Some varieties of zucchini
- Crookneck squash
Most cooking Oils is either GM Corn Oil, GM vegetable Oil (cottonseed) or GM Canola Oils, best to use Olive Oil or Sunflower Oil
Most milk has the RSBT GM hormone, Best to use RSBT free milk. Hyvee & Walmart sells them.
Most of the Soy sauces are GM Soybeans, best to use Organic Soy sauce.
Most breads contain GM Corn or soybeans ingredients.
Most Candy contains GM Corn Syrup & GM sugar.
All Sodas (Coke, pepsi, etc.) contains GM Corn Syrup & GM sugar
Even the sugar you use is mostly from GM sugar beets, unless the sugar is from sugarcane sugar.
Most animals, including chicken, are fed GM Corn. Organic Corn is more expensive, so it is highly likely that the farmers will simply use GM Corn in their feed.North America does not have GMO potatoes, but over 90% of the soybean and over 60 % of the corn grown in the US is genetically modified.
Below is a GM shopping guide:
The 12 foods listed below are not all GMO, but is still full of pesticides and should be eaten organic:
Dirty Dozen: 12 worst conventional picks (contain the most pesticide residue):
- Sweet bell peppers
- Sweet corn
- Sweet peas
- Sweet potato